Thursday, January 12, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
I wrote this months ago, to publish in a review site, but it didn't make it, so i'm sharing this here. but, this is my first time writing reviews, so please don't judge k?
So here it goes, enjoy :)
Disclaimer: This is an honest review of Bioderma White Objective SERUM ECLAIRCISSANT Lightening Serum based on my regular usage of this product for almost 3 month .I am not paid nor sponsored to do this review
This serum has a transparent gel like consistency. I use it AM and PM daily, i know it is supposed to be a night serum, but i use it anyway. My first experience wasn’t very pleasant, it does sting a bit when i first use it, but after 2 days, the stinging disappears.
After my first night of using this serum, i noticed complete disappearance of visible, dehydration lines or premature fine wrinkles on my forehead and corners of my eyes. I know it wasn’t supposed to do that, but it was a drastic change, my skin appears plumped, and healthier. Maybe it was because of the vitamin C content of the serum.
After what seems like 2 week, my whole face did seems a bit lightened and radiant. My post-acne pigmentation does fade a little, not very much, but it does speeds up the fading of my scars.
After 3 weeks, i was convinced that it didn’t clog my pores, the ingredients were free too, but i’m only convinced after 3 weeks of using this product. The following are the copied from their official site.
WATER (AQUA), ALCOHOL DENAT., GLYCOLIC ACID, SODIUM HY- DROXIDE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, NIACINAMIDE, LYSINE AZELATE, ANDROGRAPHIS PANICULATA LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, HEXAPEP-TIDE-2, RHAMNOSE, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYL DIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, POLYSORBATE 20, SODIUM METABISULFITE.
It is a fragrance-free formula, as it is formulated for sensitive skin, but the tingling sensation may be worse for sensitive people, and after scrubbing your face. Its nothing major, just a mild tingling sensation for me that last for about 7 minutes.
Method of action *copied from their website
• White Objective Serum, night care with the patented W.O.® complex, lightens, evens and illuminates the complexion. It helps to eliminate brown spots and prevents their reappearance.
• Vitamin C, released gradually for long-term effectiveness, decreases the number of melanin pigments contained in the epidermis. Thus it reduces existing hyperpigmentation and prevents future pigmentation.
• BIODERMA innovation, the patented W.O.® works on the main mechanisms that cause skin pigmentation. The original nature of this multi-target attack ensures optimum lightening and preventive performance.
• The intensive “peeling” action of glycolic acid triggers the elimination of heavily pigmented cells, reduces the intensity of the brown spots and reveals a radiant face.
• The White Objective Serum “gel” texture is particularly pleasant and refreshing.
The skin is lighter, even and luminous.
I personally like this serum because it has vitamin C in it, vitamin C, besides for lightening purposes, also works as an antioxidant that can fight aging, since applied topically directly to the face, it is more effective. The vitamin C is preserved in a vial in powder form, which is the best way to keep it active and unaltered because vitamins are easily spoilt, first usage will need u to break the vial and pour it inside the tube containing the rest of the serum, and mix it well, and voila, your serum is fresh as it could ever be, but the thing is with vitamin C, it oxidizes in time. So after a lot of months the effect weren’t as good as it was at the first usage.